In order to keep up with the growing demand for our Concierge Classes, we are looking to add instructors to our network of independent contractors.
At Gotham Music Academy, an instructor is a jack of all trades: talented musician; dedicated educator; playful creator; inspiring leader; passionate artist. Above all, our instructors approach each of their students with steadfast patience, abiding respect and genuine care!
What we are looking for in an instructor
- Technical mastery of your instrument(s)
- Demonstrated facility with musical theory and composition
- Superior didactic and group leadership skills
- Ability to adapt to students of all ages and experience levels
- High degree of reliability, punctuality and responsiveness
- Experience with songwriting, recording and performing
- Successful security screening
We also have a few openings for lead instructors. Primus inter pares, these are first in their team of equal partner professionals: In addition to teaching classes themselves, they coordinate the other instructors teaching in the same neighborhood and, if necessary, get involved to make sure that the service we provide to our students always meets our standard of excellence.
What we are looking for in a lead instructor
- Meets all of the criteria to become an instructor
- Professional musician
- Team player attitude
- Experience managing others
- Solution-oriented with outstanding problem-solving skills
You will also need to have a reliable computer, internet connection and cell phone.